Jump to: Readers Festival Quiz | Quiz Practice Questions Readers Festival | Key Details | Prizes | FAQs
The ISLN Readers Festival is an annual event held annually over two weeks in April / May. This year’s Quiz dates are Monday, 9 May through Friday, 13 May 2022; the Readers Festival date is Tuesday, 17 May 2022.
ISLN Readers Festival Quiz
The ISLN Readers Festival Quiz is an online competition using the Red Dot books as the source of the questions. (Note: In the past, the format has been face-to-face, but it will always be online going forward.)
It is held annually, asynchronously over the course of a week, either in the last week in April or first week of May. Each school decides the timing for each team to take each quiz over the course of the week. This year’s Quiz dates are Monday, 9 May through Friday, 13 May 2022.
FINAL QUIZ TITLES FOR 2022
Click on the book titles below to access group practice Kahoots! For individual challenge links, click here.
- Younger Readers
- Older Readers
- Mature Readers
ISLN Readers Festival
The ISLN Readers Festival is an (ideally) in-person event in which teams participate in activities related to the Red Dot books. The ISLN Readers Festival Quiz results and the Red Dot shortlists for the following year are announced during the Festival. A local writer or illustrator will be invited to speak.
It is held annually in April/May, on the first working day following the completion the ISLN Readers Festival Quiz – usually for an afternoon. The Awards/Announcement segment of the Festival will be held online after school. This year’s ISLN Readers Festival date is Tuesday, 17 May 2022.
- Key Dates for Readers Festival 2022:
- 7 February: Final Readers Festival Quiz titles announced
- 1 March: Team registration opens
- March through May: Readers Festival literature-related asynchronous and/or synchronous activities to take place between schools
- 27 April: Deadline for Readers Festival payment and registration of the number of teams per school per division
- 2 May: Deadline to submit names of all participants on each team
- 9 to 13 May: Readers Festival Quiz may be completed anytime during this period
- 17 May: Readers Festival
- Registration costs for ISLN Member Schools:
- Up to six students = $80
- Up to 12 students = $160
- Up to 18 students = $240
- Up to 24 students = $320
- Up to 36 students = $400
- More than 36 students = $480
- Registration costs for Non-Member Schools:
- Up to six students = $100
- Up to 12 students = $200
- Up to 18 students = $300
- Up to 24 students = $400
- Up to 36 students = $500
- More than 36 students = $600
- Team size: Teams should have a maximum of six students; if a school cannot field a team, they can enter an individual
- Number of teams per school: Each school can enter an unlimited number of teams in each category
- The competition categories are:
- Younger Readers (Years 3 to 5 / Grades 2 to 4)
- Older Readers (Years 5 to 8 / Grades 4 to 7)
- Mature Readers (Years 8+ / Grades 7+)
- The ISLN Readers Festival Quiz questions will be shared on Kahoot!
- Final Quiz titles are listed above
- Practice questions are linked above
- Winners in each Quiz category will get possession of the Readers Festival trophy for a year
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams will receive medals
- All participants will receive an online certificate of participation
- Other gifts and prizes may be donated by sponsors or arranged by individual schools