As you come across good potential titles for future Red Dot longlists, please tell us using the form below.
Criteria in choosing books:
- Mix of genres, e.g., fiction, nonfiction, poetry, graphic format
- Balance of boy/girl main characters
- Balance of nationalities
- Published (in English) within the last 4 years (i.e., in looking for books for 2017-2018 list, the valid publication years are 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017)
- The shortlists will consist of 8 books at each level
- Preferably only #1 if in a series
- Preferably no repeat of an author from previous years
- Preferably books that encourage Text-Text, Text-Self, and/or Text-World connections for students (i.e., books worth talking about)
Alternatively, click here to join our Red Dot Nominations Group in GoodReads and put books on the Group bookshelves.
The four SHORT LISTS are announced by the Red Dot ISLN committee in early June each year.
Questions? Contact the ISLN executive team at firstname.lastname@example.org.