Criteria in choosing books:
- Mix of genres, e.g., fiction, nonfiction, poetry, graphic format
- Balance of boy/girl main characters
- Balance of nationalities
- Published (in English) within the last 4 years (i.e., for the year 2019-2020, books published in 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019)
- The shortlists will consist of 8 books at each level
- Preferably only #1 if in a series
- No repeat of an author from previous 3 years
- Preferably books that encourage Text-Text, Text-Self, and/or Text-World connections for students (i.e., books worth talking about)Mix of genres, e.g., fiction, nonfiction, poetry, graphic format
The four SHORT LISTS will be announced by the Red Dot ISLN committee at the Readers Cup in April.
Questions? Contact the ISLN executive team at firstname.lastname@example.org.