If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Miller at email@example.com or 93376300.
Register each of your teams by filling out this Google Form before March 1st 2019. Registration is on a first come, first served basis and once we have reached our maximum number of teams, the form will be closed. The registration cost per team is $60.00.
The categories are:
- Younger Readers (6 students per team) – Year 3, 4 & 5 / Grade 2, 3 & 4
- Older Readers (6 students per team) – Year 5, 6, 7 & 8 / Grade 4, 5, 6 & 7
- Mature Readers (4 students per team) – Year 8+ / Grade 7
As we’re always learning and experimenting — striving for the best experience for all our students — each year we change a few things.
This year, in an effort to increase participation, and encourage deeper engagement with the books, there are three separate ways a team can participate in each category:
- fun, mixed-school activities based on the texts of their category (jingle writing, fanfiction, novel in a minute, battle of the heroes, etc.);
- the Quiz Competition – an electronic quiz on each book. Schools can enter one team per category.
- a Book Trailer competition – this year trailers will be a maximum of 30 seconds;
- a Design-a-Better-Book Cover competition;
Potential schedule for the day might look like:
- 1pm arrive at venue
- 1 – 1:30 register, visit book fair
- 1:30 – 2:00pm preview book trailers and covers
- 2:00 – 3:20pm inter-school activities
- 3:20pm Kit Kat break
- 3:30 – 4:30pm QUIZ
- 4:30 – 4:45pm Book Cover voting
- 4:45 – 5:15pm Pizza dinner
- 5:20 – 6:00pm Awards Ceremony (medals and cups to be given to winners and runners-up)
The rubrics for the book trailer and the book cover contests are here.