Any school can enter book covers or book trailers for the Readers Cup Festival. The deadline for both is April 3rd.
Book Trailers: Each school may submit two book trailers per category. Each trailer should have title, author and credits with first names only for student protection. These will NOT be voted on and are just a celebration of the Red Dot Books. Please upload your videos here by April 3rd. Your file name needs to include your school acronym and whether it is for older or younger (e.g. CIS LKS older title).
Book Covers: Each school may submit three book covers per category. Each cover should have a title, author and the students name and school. Students attending the Readers Cup Festival will vote and prizes will be awarded. Please upload your covers here by April 3rd
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 93376300.
Register each of your teams by filling out this Google Form before March 1st 2019. It is one team per category per school. Registration is on a first come, first served basis and once we have reached our maximum number of teams, the form will be closed. The registration cost per team is $60.00.
The categories are:
- Younger Readers (6 students per team) – Year 3, 4 & 5 / Grade 2, 3 & 4
- Older Readers (6 students per team) – Year 5, 6, 7 & 8 / Grade 4, 5, 6 & 7
- Mature Readers (4 students per team) – Year 8+ / Grade 7
As we’re always learning and experimenting — striving for the best experience for all our students — each year we change a few things.
If you need some inspiration or tips, we’ve compiled all our documentation here.
This year, in an effort to increase participation, and encourage deeper engagement with the books, there are three separate ways a team can participate in each category:
- fun, mixed-school activities based on the texts of their category (jingle writing, fanfiction, novel in a minute, battle of the heroes, etc.);
- the Quiz Competition – an electronic quiz on each book. Schools can enter one team per category.
- a Book Trailer competition – this year trailers will be a maximum of 30 seconds;
- a Design-a-Better-Book Cover competition;
Potential schedule for the day might look like:
- 1pm arrive at venue
- 1 – 1:30 register, visit book fair
- 1:30 – 2:00pm preview book trailers and covers
- 2:00 – 3:20pm inter-school activities
- 3:20pm Kit Kat break
- 3:30 – 4:30pm QUIZ
- 4:30 – 4:45pm Book Cover voting
- 4:45 – 5:15pm Pizza dinner
- 5:20 – 6:00pm Awards Ceremony (medals and cups to be given to winners and runners-up)